The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in December, 1985. The Act (2 of 1986) came into effect from 13th February, 1986 by a notification issued in the Gazette of India: Extraordinary: Part-II [Sec. 3(ii): 13.2.1986). The Authority replaced the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC).
APEDA is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of the following scheduled products:
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products.
- Meat and Meat Products.
- Poultry and Poultry Products.
- Dairy Products.
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products.
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products.
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Cereal and Cereal Products.
- Groundnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts.
- Pickles, Papads and Chutneys.
- Guar Gum.
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants
- In addition to this, APEDA has been entrusted with the responsibility to monitor import of sugar.
Registration Procedure with APEDA :
- Application form duly filled and signed by authorized signatory.
- Self certified copy of Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T.
- List of Directors/Partners/Proprietor on company’s letterhead in triplicate.
- Pvt. Ltd./Public Ltd. Co.’s/societies should forward a copy of their Memorandum and Article of Association and Partnership firms should forward a copy of partnership deed attested by notary.
- Self certified copy of PAN issued by Income Tax Department.
- The company should compulsorily mention their e-mail ID, phone and fax number etc. in their application.
- In case the exporter desires to register as Manufacturer Exporter, he should furnish the copy of company’s registration with FFO, Directorate of Industries, State Dept. of Horticulture/Agmark/EIA etc.
- Bank certificate duly signed by the Authorities.
- Cash or DD/Pay Order of Rs. 5000/- towards registration may be made in favor of APEDA payable to Specific APEDA office where the request has been made for Seeking RCMC.